16.2.08

Getting Older

I am not settling into this phase of life very easily. I am a homebody, but I don't want to be, I am a party girl that doesn't party, I am a social person with anti-social behavior, and I am a traveling spirit trapped in my house. This doesn't bode well. I am crediting these changes to age. I am at a point when I do not want to go out and party all night, but I feel like I should want to, and then I feel guilty for not going out. I have been creating a mental list of "you know you are getting old when...


staying out drinking in the street with people you don't know doesn't sound like fun.

you have no idea what the latest band is and do not care

you will not travel anywhere to see a show or do anything to get backstage

you stand at the back of the crowd


note: some friends came over and interrupted the writing of this post; we stayed up until 4:30 in the morning. I might have to rethink my list a little.

No comments: